I’m giving up on samplers. During the past two months I’ve traded both my favorite samplers for analogue sound devices. I think this reflects a change in my understanding of sound. There are no samples, there is only sound (and sometimes sound refers to sound or invokes itself). Sounds cannot be “played back”, they can only be performed. Recordings and amplification of recordings, play with our perception of distance (scale) from the source, it is spacial (not temporal).
Newsfeeds are filling up with stories of people whose low performance in schools or work is eventually revealed to be a result of a rare form of learning disability. These stories seldom approach performance concerns from a structural (infrastructural) angle: We have build and operate in biased designs, which benefit able-bodied besserwissers. Dyslexia is natures gift to people combating top down design.
Past: Fear of failing at work. Present: Fear of failing a work. #☭
Every moment of a relationship, which is not couples council – Is the relationship.
Dyslexia is the biological equivalent of poststructuralist thinking – It is proof that nature can be creative. Dyslexia is an asset when you want to read a text or phenomenon rhizomatically.
- Dicktator and Tractor can read the same. They are grouped together by their length, the height of letters and the timbre of the words.
- Bourgeois can be spelled in pretty much any way (Examples: Bouswar, Bourwarg, Bosourward, Bourghraigh). The spelling process ends when the computer proofreading program quits nagging.
- Relationships to technologies are not limited by a proper (humanistic) reading or predeterminations on how the technology should work. Relationships to technologies are personal.
- The names and numbers of months don’t connect. ToDo -lists replace chronology, everything is ad hoc.
- Anything that opens a lock is a key.
- Similar structures and relations within networks can be identified without allowing binary/etc. categorizations to hinder the reading. Instead of focusing on words (nodes), a dyslexic reader focuses on context (relations). This enables them to spot similarities in categorically different fields of knowledge.
- You are constantly reminded of the oppression of the status quo. Any utterance can be called to question by bystanders, various proofreading technologies and design.
- Every time you feel you are understood by someone, you fall in love with them. Because relations are more important than words, meaningful relationships with the non-human world emerge unannounced.
- When you manage to read something and to understand it you change as a human being.
- Names are irrelevant, familiar faces and tools are recognized. Signifiers constantly re-emerge, introductions are made by announcing relations (Let me introduce you to a great colleague, whom I met in… , Try to pry it open with that shiny metal thing…)
- Each reading changes the content of the text. There is constant doubt of categories and reasoning which is validated by logic. The font and screen resolution change the message.
- Writing is fluid because it is speaking through text. Writing is an act. Every word is a prosthetic.